BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Architecture








Guggenheim Museum, Spain


1. Frank Gehry
2. 1997
3. Bilbao, Spain
4. It's open to public
5. No information on cost.
6. No explanation
7. The builing has so much going on. I loved that it had layers stacked up on each other, all shapes and sizes. This building is eye catching all around. It's super out there.



Krzywy Domek (The Crooked House), Poland

1. Szotvnscv Zaleski
2. 2003
3. Sopot, Poland
4. Public
5. No information on cost
6. The inspiration was basically off of a fairytale.
7. This building got my attention because it's almost like an optical illusion. I enjoyed seeing how it made my eyes wonder around to see how they actually built it.



Cubic Houses, Netherlands

1. Piet Blom
2. 1984
3. Rotterdam, Netherlands
4. Public
5. No information on cost
6. The way the houses are tilted are suppose to represent abstract trees in a forrest.
7.I loved the way theses houses were set up. It amazes me that they actually are able to stay up without some type of falling or worrying of falling.



Nautilus House, Mexico

1. Javier Senosiain
2. 2006
3. Mexico City
4. Private
5. No cost information
6. inspired by the sea and taking on the twisting and turning form of the Nautilus shell.
7. The fact that this house has all the natural features makes it so peaceful and beautiful. Also the shape of this is gorgeous.


Kansas City Public Library, United States



1. I. M. Pei
2. 1906
3. Kansas City, Missouri
4. Public
5. No cost information
6. No information
7. I loved that it was actual books in the front. it made it so realistic! And I'm sure driving by, you wont miss it.

0 comments: